Saudi Arabia says it intercepted three drones entering from Iraq

Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Defense said on Sunday that three drones were intercepted and destroyed after entering the Kingdom’s airspace from Iraq earlier in the day.

Ministry of Defense spokesman Major General Turki al-Maliki said Saudi Arabia “reserves the right to respond at the appropriate time and place” and would take “all necessary operational measures” against any attempt to violate the Kingdom’s sovereignty, security, or the safety of citizens and residents.

Last month, Saudi Arabia’s foreign ministry summoned Iraq’s ambassador to Riyadh over what it described as continued attacks and threats targeting the Kingdom and other Gulf states using drones launched from Iraqi territory.

Related Articles

Back to top button