Turkey reports no casualties in Kabul airport blasts

Turkey reported no casualties of its troops due to the two blasts outside of Kabul’s airport in Afghanistan, the Defense Ministry said on Thursday.

“There were two explosions outside of Kabul Airport. There is no damage or casualties in our units,” the ministry said on Twitter.

Two suicide bombers and gunmen targeted crowds massing near the Kabul airport Thursday, in the waning days of a massive airlift that has drawn thousands of people seeking to flee the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.

Turkey had announced earlier that it was withdrawing its troops from Kabul.

Turkish troops are working at Kabul airport to evacuate Turkish nationals, personnel, and soldiers from Afghanistan.

The first batch of Turkish troops evacuated from Afghanistan landed in the country’s capital on Thursday, state news agency Anadolu reported.

Related Articles

Back to top button