Toddler in Critical Condition After Dogs Rip-off His Genitals in Ukraine

Toddler in Critical Condition After Dogs Rip-off His Genitals in Ukraine

A two-year-old boy is fighting for his life after being attacked by home dogs while parents were celebrating his birthday.

Little Yegor was found lying unconscious in a pool of blood outside his house after being mutilated by two German Shepherd guard dogs.

The horrific incident occurred in the small town of Selydove, eastern Ukraine, on Friday – as the family were celebrating the boy’s second birthday.

Reports say the tot walked outside unnoticed while his parents were sitting at a festive table with their guests.

It is understood that Yegor was wandering around the courtyard when the dogs broke out of their enclosure and attacked him.

Noticing the child’s absence, the parents went to search for him.

Charity volunteer Aleksandra Timoshchenkova, who helped the family to collect money for Yegor’s treatment said: ‘The boy was found lying unconscious in a pool of blood.

‘The dogs were still tearing him apart.’

According to reports, the dogs managed to break out of their enclosure because Yegor’s father had failed to close its door properly.

During the attack, they ripped off the boy’s genitals, anus and tore the femoral artery on his left leg, say local media.

Considering the severity of his injuries, Yegor was transported by a military helicopter to the city of Dnipro to receive the medical care he needed.

The boy was admitted to Dnipro Regional Children’s Hospital where four crews of surgeons started battling for his life.

It took medics five hours to restore his damaged blood vessels, bladder and intestines. They also removed tissues ‘that had been chewed by the dogs’.

Now doctors are trying to save the boy’s left leg from amputation, reports said.

Natalia Dementyeva, the head of the hospital commented: ‘The boy suffered extremely severe injuries known as dirty wounds.

‘He is receiving powerful antibacterial therapy but we are expecting the development of inflammatory processes that are usual complications in such cases.’

Police have launched a criminal case for failure to fulfil parental duties resulted in severe consequences against Yegor’s mother and father.

Police spokeswoman Aleksandra Gavrilko told: ‘The boy’s parents are being interrogated. Forensic examinations are underway.’

The parents face up to three years in prison if found guilty.

The investigation continues.

Yegor remains in intensive care. His condition is critical and doctors have not speculated on his chances for survival.

Related Articles

Back to top button