Julia Stiles Goes Back to Work After 7 Months of COVID-19 Lockdown

Julia Stiles Goes Back to Work After 7 Months of COVID-19 Lockdown

Riviera star Julia Stiles is back to work after seven months of COVID-19 lockdown, filming a prequel to 2009 horror hit Orphan — and the experience couldn’t be more different from shooting the Sundance Now drama.

Stiles, 39, who became an executive producer for Season 3 of Riviera, which premieres Thursday on streaming service Sundance Now, told UPI she finished filming for the series in March and “got on the last plane out” of Argentina before coronavirus travel restrictions took effect.

The actress spent the ensuing months sheltering in place in Vancouver, British Columbia, with her husband, Preston Cook, who works behind the camera on Riviera, and son Strummer, who turned 3 in October.

“It was definitely an adjustment, because I’m so used to moving around,” Stiles said of transitioning from the globe-trotting filming of Riviera to life in Vancouver. “To have to be sort of static was challenging at first, but then it forced me to not run away from where I am, and it also forced me to be more still and quiet. There was a lot that was great about it.”

Stiles, a native New Yorker who rose to fame in the 1990s with roles in films including 10 Things I Hate About You and Save the Last Dance, said her time in Vancouver allowed her to get to know the city. She previously spent only brief periods at the family’s Canadian home.

Related Articles

Back to top button