Jordan confirms first coronavirus case: Health ministry

Jordan confirms first coronavirus case: Health ministry

Jordan has recorded its first coronavirus case on Monday in a person who recently traveled to Italy, the health minister said during a press conference.

Two people showing coronavirus symptoms came forward on Sunday night for testing but only one tested positive. The other person was placed in quarantine as a precautionary measure.

Three family members of the infected person are also being tested. If no additional infections are confirmed, those who were in contact with the coronavirus patient will remain in a home quarantine for 14 days, the health minister said.

He also confirmed Jordan is fully prepared for the situation and it is not possible for anyone to come in direct contact with the infected person in quarantine.

Last month, Jordan barred entry to citizens of China, Iran and South Korea and other foreign traveling from countries with a coronavirus outbreak as a precautionary measure.

Related Articles

Back to top button