Bahrain confirms new coronavirus fatality, death toll up to four

Bahrain confirms new coronavirus fatality, death toll up to four

Bahrain reported on Wednesday the death of a 78-year-old Bahraini coronavirus patient, bringing the total number of fatalities due to the COVID-19 virus up to four, the ministry of health said.

The ministry added that the deceased suffered from other diseases and underlying health conditions and was one of the previously announced cases who contracted the coronavirus after coming into contact with another infected individual.

The Bahraini man was undergoing medical treatment in the care of a specialized medical team in one of the quarantine centers.

“The deceased had received the necessary treatment and around-the-clock care by the specialized medical team, along with all the current cases in isolation and treatment centers. He was also subject to regular necessary laboratory tests,” the ministry said in its statement.

All other existing coronavirus patients are currently in stable condition, except for two cases in intensive care, the ministry added.

Earlier, the ministry announced that as of Wednesday there is 225 active coronavirus cases, one of them in critical condition, and that 190 have been dischared.

وزارة الصحة | مملكة البحرين 🇧🇭

@MOH_Bahrain

Precautionary measures taken to contain the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

View image on Twitter
15 people are talking about this

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close