- US house speaker Nancy Pelosi becomes the highest ranking US official to visit Kyiv and meet with President Volodymyr Zelenksyy.
- Russia has carried out missile attacks across southern and eastern Ukraine, including one that destroyed the runway at Odesa airport.
- A group of 20 civilians have left the Azovstal steelworks, where the last Ukrainian troops are holed up in Mariupol, according to the Azov Regiment.
- A Russian reconnaissance plane briefly violated Sweden’s airspace, Swedish defence officials said.
- A Russian official told state media that the risks of nuclear war should be kept to a minimum amid the conflict in Ukraine.
- Fourteen Ukrainians including a pregnant soldier have been freed in the latest prisoner exchange with Russian forces, Ukraine says, without revealing the number of Russians returned to Moscow.
Russia should confiscate Western property: lawmaker
Russia should confiscate property owned by Westerners in response to a proposal by US President Joe Biden to transfer the frozen assets of Russia’s elite to Ukraine, Russia’s most senior lawmaker said.
Duma Chairman Vyacheslav Volodin said the sumptuous yachts and villas of Russia’s oligarchs had not helped Russian development but that the West appeared to be engaged in simple “theft”.
“It is right to take mirror measures towards businesses in Russia whose owners come from unfriendly countries where such measures were taken: confiscate these assets,” Volodin, who often voices the Kremlin’s views, wrote on his Telegram channel.“The proceeds from the sale should be used for the development of our country,” he said. “A dangerous precedent has been created: it should hit the ‘States like a boomerang.”
Ukraine warns of Russia missile threat from Belarus
Ukraine’s army says there is a threat of Russia carrying out missile attacks from the territory of Belarus.Oleksandr Shtupun, the spokesperson of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, said that Russia continues to reinforce its equipment and military force in the Slobozhansk area of Kharkiv region.Oleksandr Shtupun, the spokesperson of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, said that Russia continues to reinforce its equipment and military force in the Slobozhansk area of Kharkiv region.